Famous Rumi Love Quotes:
Come, seek, for search is the foundation of fortune: every success depends upon focusing the heart.
Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
The heart has its own language. The heart knows a hundred thousand ways to speak.
- Love exalts our earthly bodies to heaven, and makes the very hills to dance with joy.
- I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think.
Liberate my soul.
Fill me with your Love and
release me from the two worlds.
If I set my heart on anything but You
let fire burn me from inside.
take away what I want,
take away what I do,
take away what I need,
take away everything,
that takes me from You.
- Be certain in the religion of Love there are no believers or unbelievers. Love embraces all.
- The soul which cannot endure fire and smoke won't find the Secret.
- Only love itself can explain love and lovers.
The garden of love is green without limit
and yields many fruits other than sorrow or joy.
Love is beyond either condition;
without spring, without autumn, it is always fresh.
- This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.
- Love rests on no foundation. It is an endless ocean, with no beginning or end.
- How could you reach the pearl by only looking at the sea? If you seek the pearl, be a diver: the diver needs several qualities: he must trust his rope and his life to the Friend's hand, he must stop breathing, and he must jump.
- A thousand half-loves must be forsaken to take one whole heart home.
This is a gathering of Lovers.
In this gathering
there is no high, no low,
no smart, no ignorant,
no special assembly,
no grand discourse,
no proper schooling required.
There is no master,
This gathering is more like a drunken party,
full of tricksters, fools,
mad men and mad women.
This is a gathering of Lovers.
- Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.
- They say there is a doorway from heart to heart, but what is the use of a door when there are no walls?
At night, I open the window
and ask the moon to come
and press its face against mine.
Breathe into me.
Close the language-door
and open the love-window.
The moon won't use the door,
only the window.
- It is love that holds everything together...
Although I may try to describe love
when I experience it I am speechless.
Although I may try to write about Love
I am rendered helpless...
The garden of the world has no limits
Except in your mind.
Its presence is more beautiful than the stars
With more clarity
Than the polished mirror of your heart.
- Do not be satisfied with the stories that come before you. Unfold your own myth.
- Close both eyes to see with the other eye.
- The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.
The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.
- Look for the answer inside your question.
- We rarely hear the inward music, but we're all dancing to it nevertheless.
- Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
- The light which shines in the eye is really the light of the heart.
- To love is to reach God.
I was dead, then alive.
Weeping, then laughing.
The power of love came into me,
and I became fierce like a lion,
then tender like the evening star.
Love rests on no foundation.
It is an endless ocean,
with no beginning or end.
Are you fleeing from love because of a single humiliation?
What do you know of love except the name?
Love has a hundred forms of pride and disdain,
and is gained by a hundred means of persuasion.
Since love is loyal, it purchases one who is loyal:
it has no interest in a disloyal companion.
Since Love has made ruins of my heart
The sun must come and illumine them.
Such generosity has broken me with shame.
- Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
I always thought that
I was me - but no,
I was you
and never knew it.
- Come, seek, for search is the foundation of fortune: every success depends upon focusing the heart.
- What you seek is seeking you.
- Everything you possess of skill, and wealth and handicraft, wasn't it first merely a thought and a quest?
- If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?
- The wound is the place where the Light enters you.
Knock, And He'll open the door
Vanish, And He'll make you shine like the sun
Fall, And He'll raise you to the heavens
Become nothing, And He'll turn you into everything.
Keep on knocking
'til the joy inside
opens a window
look to see who's there.
- When you feel a peaceful joy, that's when you are near truth.
That which God said to the rose,
and caused it to laugh in full-blown beauty,
He said to my heart,
and made it a hundred times more beautiful.
- The rose's rarest essence lives in the thorns.
- Let the beauty you love be what you do. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth.
You suppose you are the trouble
But you are the cure
You suppose that you are the lock on the door
But you are the key that opens it
It's too bad that you want to be someone else
You don't see your own face, your own beauty
Yet, no face is more beautiful than yours.
You were born with potential.
You were born with goodness and trust.
You were born with ideals and dreams.
You were born with greatness.
You were born with wings.
You are not meant for crawling, so don't.
You have wings.
Learn to use them and fly.
Didn't I tell you
not to be satisfied with the veil of this world?
I am the master illusionist,
it is me, who is the welcoming banner at the gate of your contentment.
- Be grateful for whomever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.
- Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.
- When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.
- The world is a mountain, in which your words are echoed back to you.
you worry too much.
You have seen your own strength.
You have seen your own beauty.
You have seen your golden wings.
Of anything less,
why do you worry?
You are in truth
the soul, of the soul, of the soul.
- If you could leave your selfishness, you would see how you've been torturing your soul.
People want you to be happy.
Don't keep serving them your pain!
If you could untie your wings
and free your soul of jealousy,
you and everyone around you
would fly up like doves.
- The fault is in the one who blames. Spirit sees nothing to criticize.
- Since in order to speak, one must first listen, learn to speak by listening.
- That which is false troubles the heart, but truth brings joyous tranquility.
- If you are wholly perplexed and in straits, have patience, for patience is the key to joy.
- Why should I be weary when every cell of my body is bursting with life?
- I am the glorious sun, the ocean laden with pearls. Within my heart is the grandeur of heaven.
There is a life-force within your soul, seek that life.
There is a gem in the mountain of your body, seek that mine.
O traveller, if you are in search of that
Don't look outside, look inside yourself and seek that.
- Only from the heart can you touch the sky.
- Two who are never satisfied -- the lover of the world and the lover of knowledge.
When someone beats a rug,
the blows are not against the rug,
but against the dust in it.
Take someone who doesn't keep score,
who's not looking to be richer, or afraid of losing,
who has not the slightest interest even
in his own personality: he's free.
- That's how you came here, like a star without a name. Move across the night sky with those anonymous lights.
- We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.
Observe the wonders as they occur around you.
Don't claim them.
Feel the artistry moving through,
and be silent.
Be like the sun for grace and mercy.
Be like the night to cover others' faults.
Be like running water for generosity.
Be like death for rage and anger.
Be like the earth for modesty.
Appear as you are.
Be as you appear.
- The world is a prison and we are the prisoners; dig a hole in the prison and let yourself out!
- Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open? Move outside the tangle of fear-thinking. Live in silence.
No mirror ever became iron again;
No bread ever became wheat;
No ripened grape ever became sour fruit.
Mature yourself and be secure from a change for the worst.
Become the light.
An eye is meant to see things.
The soul is here for its own joy.
A head has one use: For loving a true love.
Feet: To chase after.
Love is for vanishing into the sky. The mind,
for learning what men have done and tried to do.
Mysteries are not to be solved: The eye goes blind
when it only wants to see why.
A lover is always accused of something.
But when he finds his love, whatever was lost
in the looking comes back completely changed.
Be empty of worrying.
Think of who created thought!
Why do you stay in prison
When the door is so wide open?
I have lived on the lip
of insanity, wanting to know reasons,
knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.
But listen to me. For one moment
quit being sad. Hear blessings
dropping their blossoms
- Words are a pretext. It is the inner bond that draws one person to another, not words.
- And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?
The breezes at dawn have secrets to tell you
Don't go back to sleep!
You must ask for what you really want.
Don't go back to sleep!
People are going back and forth
across the doorsill where the two worlds touch,
The door is round and open
Don't go back to sleep!
- Suffering is a gift. In it is hidden mercy.
- Learn the alchemy true human beings know. The moment you accept what troubles you've been given the door will open.
Birds make great sky-circles of their freedom.
How do they learn it?
They fall and falling,
they're given wings.
When you have indulged a lust, your wing drops off;
you become lame, abandoned by a fantasy.
… People fancy they are enjoying themselves,
but they are really tearing out their wings
for the sake of an illusion.
Do you know what you are?
You are a manuscript oƒ a divine letter.
You are a mirror reflecting a noble face.
This universe is not outside of you.
Look inside yourself;
everything that you want,
you are already that.
Body is not veiled from soul, neither soul from body,
Yet no man hath ever seen a soul.
- Thankfulness brings you to the place where the Beloved lives.
- Why am I seeking? I am the same as He. His essence speaks through me. I have been looking for myself.
- I long to escape the prison of my ego and lose myself in You.